Bite-Sized Banana Pancakes
Makes: 14 Pancakes (a substantial amount of bite-sized banana pancakes 🤤)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
TOTAL: 15 minutes
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 cups of plain white flour (or whole wheat flour for a healthier alternative)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of applesauce (ideally unsweetened)
1 ¼ cups of milk
2 tablespoons of honey or pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
PANA organic hazelnut chocolate spread or Nutella
1. Start by melting the butter and setting it aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Then, stir in the melted butter.
4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Avoid over-mixing.
5. Slice 4-6 bananas, depending on the desired quantity.
6. Optional: If you want to add hazelnut chocolate, use a straw to make holes in the banana slices.
7. Optional: Insert hazelnut chocolate into the banana holes. It may be tricky, so do your best.
8. Preheat a frying pan over medium heat, lightly coating it with cooking spray.
9. Add the banana slices into the pancake mixture using tongs. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes. Using the tongs, flip the banana slices and cook the other side until it achieves a golden colour, usually about 1-2 more minutes.
10. Serve warm.
NOTE: There may be some remaining pancake mixture. This can be used for traditional pancakes or stored for future use.