Recipe: Kale, Quinoa & Pomegranate Salad
This crisp salad is Anna favourite salad. It can be made with tuscan Kale (cavolo nero) as well as with regular kale. You can serve it as a light lunch or pair it with one of the meatier dishes in the Family Feasting chapter
REP + COOK TIME 25 Minutes (+ standing) | SERVES 6
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch curly green kale (460g)
- ½ cup (100g) quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 large avocado, stone removed,cut into thin slices
- ¼ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup (35g) pistachios
- 1/3 cup (65g) pomegranate seeds
- Whisk honey, mustard, vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl; season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tear leaves from kale stalks then shred finely. Place in a large bowl with half the dressing; toss well to coat kale in dressing. Stand for 30 minutes for flavours to be absorbed.
- Just before serving, transfer kale to a serving bowl.Add quinoa, avocado, onion, tomatoes, remaining dressing and half each of the pistachios and pomegranate seeds; toss gently to combine. Season to taste. Top with remaining pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Source: Judes Food: A celebration of food & family. By Judy & Co-Founder of INTU WELLNESS Anna Heinrich