Recipe: Chicken, Cashew and Ginger Stir-Fry
A quick and delicious dinner for one, but cashew chicken is a crowd favourite and you can easily increase the quantities to feed more people.
Ginger is known to aid in detoxing and increased immunity. Get the most out of these flavours by preparing the marinade, covering the chicken and refrigerating before you leave home in the morning.
- 2 free-range chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of fat, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup natural cashews
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 2 stalks broccolini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 head bok choy, thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat, add a splash of sesame oil and stir-fry the chicken for 2–3 minutes until golden and cooked through. Add the cashews and mix through.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the snow peas, broccolini and bok choy and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just tender and still bright green. Serve immediately.
Source: 7:2:1 Cookbook by Tim Robards