– 500g of beef mince
– 1 diced onion
– 1 diced red capsicum
– 1 diced green capsicum
– 250g of cherry tomatoes quartered
– 1 tablespoon of garlic puree
– 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
– Cracked black pepper, to taste (more is better)
– Salt, to taste (more is better)
– Cayenne pepper, to taste
– Paprika, to taste
– 2 teaspoon of cumin
– 2 teaspoon of oregano
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
– A good couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce
– 200g of washed rice
– 400ml of beef stock
– Mozzarella cheese, to taste
– Jalapeños, to taste
– Corn chips, to taste
1. Set the slow cooker on high.
2. Add beef mince to slow cooker slow cooker.
3. Add the diced onion, diced red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, diced green capsicum, garlic puree, tomato puree, cracked black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, and oregano. Stir until well combined.
4. Then add the chopped tomatoes and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce to the mix.
5. Cover the slow cooker and let it cook for 3 hours.
6. Rinse the rice thoroughly.
7. After 3 hours, add 350g of rice and 400ml of beef stock to the cooker. Let it cook for another 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
8. After the rice is cooked, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and jalapeños (if desired) on top.
9. Transfer the dish to an oven and grill for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is brown and melted.
10. OPTIONAL – Crush some corn chips and sprinkle them on top for the last 2 minutes in the oven.
11. Your Crunchy Chili Rice Bake is ready to serve.
Enjoy this delicious meal!