Makes approx 10-12 wraps
– 2 chicken breasts, halved lengthways to make 4 pieces then cut each piece in half
– Salt and Pepper
– A sprinkle of Chili flakes (optional for kid-friendly version)
– 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
– 2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
– 2 tablespoons of Chipotle cooking sauce
– 5 cloves of Garlic
– 1 small Red capsicum
– 1 small green capsicum
– 1 Onion
– Tin of chopped tomatoes
– Splash of water
– 2 tablespoon of BBQ sauce
– 10 Wraps (Mission Street Tacos were delicious)
– Mozzarella cheese
– Salad (for taco filling or side dish)
– Salsa (chopped tomato, chopped avocado, chopped onion, lemon, and salt & pepper)
1. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, chilli flakes (optional), smoked paprika, Cajun seasoning, and Chipotle cooking sauce. Massage the seasonings into the chicken.
2. Fry the chicken on both sides for a couple of minutes.
3. Add garlic, red and green capsicum, and onion to the pan.
4. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and a splash of water.
5. Sprinkle some extra Cajun seasoning and add 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce.
6. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and the mixture thickens.
7. Remove the chicken.
8. Dip the wraps in the sauce and set aside.
9. Shred the cooked chicken and add it back to the pan, stirring it in.
10. To assemble the taco, on a fresh pan, turn on the heat and add the wraps to the pan. Cook on one side for 20 secs and turn. Add some mozzarella cheese, followed by the seasoned, shredded chicken. Fold up the taco.
11. Optionally, add some salad to the taco or serve on the side.
12. For salsa, mix together chopped tomato, chopped avocado, chopped onion, lemon, and a bit of salt and pepper.